Kaiser Malpractice? Continued: ssi,nothing wrong with me at all. was chp cadet b4 and going to join army, now cant do those.

Asked about 2 years ago - Hesperia, CA

childhood injury of knees, i was in pain.Doctor just wrote me 30 perc 10's a week, to make me go away. Within months i was addicted & was arrested for dui of perc10. no law enforcement history at all. i was scared from being in jail and coming down from the pain meds. my doctor referred me to mental health where my life got worse. they diagnosed me with things i didn't have such a psychotic disorder, mood disorder, and more. they wrote me more pills like valium tenazapam seraquel zoloft and much more. Have 0 mental problems other then the addiction to pain pills they started & now more pills, plus my pain pills. my doctor talked me into ssi and wrote letters after letters 2 them. now i am off all pills and have no probs. cleared by other doc. now cant get job due to being/been on

1. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

1

Answered . Your submission is confusing and doesn't provide enough information to analyze. Medical malpractice claims require obtaining all medical records and having them reviewed by an expert. With Kaiser, they also have mandatory arbitration on most of these cases, which means you may not be able to present your case to a jury. The statute of limitations in California on Medical Malpractice is only one year, which means you may be too late. Consult an attorney in Hesperia immediately to know for sure.

2. Robert Don Fink

2

Answered . I am sorry this happened, but it sounds like the medication was properly presecribed at the time. I just dont see a viable lawsuit.

3. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . It appears that the original pain pills were properly prescribed by your doctor.