K1 Visa RFE need help

Tampa, FL |

I filed for a K1 visa and have an Immigration Lawyer who is handling my case to make sure all documents are completed right and to avoid a RFE but still received one . I received Request for Evidence (RFE) and the current law firm that I am represented by said that there was a document that was missing a signature on that they overlooked and I came in and signed it for them to respond to the RFE. Should I be concerned about this case or the representation that I paid for as I cant understand why this would happen. I am looking for second opinion and even better representation. Thank you

At this point I would trust the lawyer you hired . Mistakes are human. Anyone of us could have overlooked the lack of signature as well. No need to lash out at your lawyer.

As you can see, he/she did a very good job until now, if the RFE ONLY requested a signature!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

well thanks for the advice same to you next time you eat out and the meal is not just right don't lash out at the cook as he or she is human just pay your bill and move on get the pointe lol

too bad you dont know what it is to be away form your loved one for so long just remember you get to be with yours I got to wait to be with mine for a mistake that is not my fault !!!!!

want to trade places

happy holidays to you and your family may you enjoy those wonderful moments together :-)

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Thank you so much!!!

Looks like everything was already completed. Hopefully the case will continue to adjudication after the response to the RFE. You are certainly entitled to switch attorney if you wish to do so.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Thank you for for you for your reply and advice have a happy holiday with your family.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

You too and good luck to you!

In order to determine whether your attorney did a good job with your case, we would have to have access to your K-1 application and supporting documentation. You should ask your attorney if they foresee any further issues on your visa application. Unfortunately, RFEs do happen to even the most carefully prepared visa applications. If you are concerned with your current attorney, you are free to have another one look over your application.

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

thank you for your advice you are very understanding of the issue and much appreciated.

Unfortunately sometimes even the most seasoned attorney/law firm will miss something. If the firm was upfront with you regarding the oversight and the missed signature was the only issue addressed in the RFE, then I would suggest staying with them. At the end of the day, you need to feel comfortable with your representation and that is something only you can decide.

I want to thank you for your advice and understanding have a great holiday season with your family.