K1 Visa, AOS filed skipped from "Initial Review" to "Card Production" status

Asked 10 months ago - Tucson, AZ

My wife entered the country Dec 2013 and we got married the same month. January 2014 we filed the AOS with advance parole and were given 2 receipt numbers within 2 weeks. Beginning of March, the I-485 status went from "Initial Review" to "Card Production" without Biometrics appointment or Interview but the I-131 status remains in initial review; does this mean she is getting a green card soon or the travel document?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Aneliya M. Angelova


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The online notification webpage can be very unreliable. I would call the toll free number or schedule an infopass to double check what the current status is. If the green card was approved, there is no need for advance parole document.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  2. Jeffrey A Kilmark


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague that you should call the USCIS number on the website with your receipt numbers handy to find out more about the status. Good luck!

    The answer above is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. Specific and reliable answers... more
  3. Lelia Nyong Adams


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You will likely get a more accurate answer by speaking to someone either on the phone or in person. You can either call the toll free number or book appointment in infopass. Here is the link to infopass: https://infopass.uscis.gov/. Best of luck!

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,556 answers this week

2,596 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,556 answers this week

2,596 attorneys answering