Skip to main content

K1/K2 Forms to file

San Leandro, CA |
Filed under: K-1 fiance visa

Besides I129F, do I need to file G-325A, Biographic INformation form.
Any other forms or documents?

Attorney Answers 6

  1. You must submit proof of relationship as well as documentary evidence for both petitioner and beneficiary. I strongly advise you to seek help of an attorney.

    Raja S. Gill | Attorney At Law | Gill Law Group | T: (855) 600-4567 | T: (949) 333-0891 | F: (949) 625-4816 Disclaimer: Answers/information provided on this site general nature for information and educational purposes only. The answer may or may not apply to the facts of your case. Please consult an attorney before making any decisions or in any way relying on this information.

  2. Yes, G-325A is to be filed, too. Read the instructions for K-1. You need to establish that you met within the last 2 years, that you and your fiancée can marry (age, divorce/ never married), birth certificates. Possibly other documents depending on the circumstances (arrests, convictions), her/his children's birth certificates, Affidavit of Support. Why don't you retain a good lawyer to handle this matter?

  3. Read and re-read the instructions very carefully if you intend on doing this yourself. You need to include additional evidence to prove the relationship is real.

    This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

  4. Yes, each of you needs to file a Form G-325 .
    Proof of your relationship, having met in person anytime during last 2 years and intent to get married.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  5. Yes you do have to file the G-325A for both you and your fiance(e). When it is time for the consular interview, there are more forms to file. If you're using a lawyer, your attorney will file a G-28, Notice of Appearance, also.

  6. You should seek the assistance of counsel, however some people do prepare their own K-1 petition successfully. You can refer to the following link for a free do-it-yourself video guide:

    Hasan Abdullah is an attorney licensed in the State of Illinois. The answer provided is informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics