K-1 Fiancee Visa. Letter of Intent.

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Hi, I am petitioning my Russian mail bride. Heard a number of horror stories about K-1 brides, VAWA etc.
She has to put her signature on the letter of intent. Anything can be written in there to keep her more responsible in addition to 'legally able and willing to marry' in case the marrige goes wrong way?...

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I actually completely agree with Attorney Dore. I could not have said it better myself.

2. Mark Monaco

2

Answered . The letter of intent has to include a very detailed history of your relationship. If you are not sincere about the marriage it will come out in the letter of intent.

3. Marcia Irene Dore

2

Answered . No. She is to be your bride not a servant. She is free to leave if she pleases. Perhaps it is not a real marriage if there is so much distrust before you're even married. USCIS will pick up on insincerity at the interview. I'm not sure what you mean by "more responsible" but she is free not to marry anyone she wants.

One or more answers have been taken down.