K-1 Fiancee Visa. Letter of Intent.

New York, NY |

Hi, I am petitioning my Russian mail bride. Heard a number of horror stories about K-1 brides, VAWA etc.
She has to put her signature on the letter of intent. Anything can be written in there to keep her more responsible in addition to 'legally able and willing to marry' in case the marrige goes wrong way?...

No. She is to be your bride not a servant. She is free to leave if she pleases. Perhaps it is not a real marriage if there is so much distrust before you're even married. USCIS will pick up on insincerity at the interview. I'm not sure what you mean by "more responsible" but she is free not to marry anyone she wants.

The letter of intent has to include a very detailed history of your relationship. If you are not sincere about the marriage it will come out in the letter of intent.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is for informational purposes only. Before acting on this information you should discuss your problem with an immigration attorney.

I actually completely agree with Attorney Dore. I could not have said it better myself.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Immigration