K-1 Fiancee Visa. Fiancee G-325 signature expiration.

Asked 7 months ago - New York, NY

I have G-325 from my fiancee with her signature and date 03/15/2013.
I didn't invite her in the beginning of the year and decided to do it now. Should I ask her for one more signature or there is no problem with the paper she mailed in March?

1. Stephanie Elizabeth Gibbs

5

Answered . Best to update the signature and avoid any potential issue.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Get a new one.

3. Joseph Caraccio

4

Answered . If you can get a new signature then I don't see why you wouldn't. Better to be safe than sorry.

4. Diane Rae Chappell-Daly

4

Answered . Although Form G-325A does not specify a time frame for the required signature, it does not hurt to get an updated signature. USCIS guidance issued in 2011 states that if the G-325A for a relative petition (Form I-130) is not signed, and the beneficiary resides abroad, USCIS will go ahead and make a decision on the petition. The signature may be collected at the interview at the consulate. The same may be true for a fiance petition, but there are no guarantees.

5. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Best to obtain a current signature from her.

6. Ajay Singh

1

1

Answered . Should be good to go; it's fiancee visa and USCIS is well aware of the complexities of mail issues.

Best wishes,