Skip to main content

K-1 fiancée visa. Getting all mail myself.

Dallas, TX |

Hi, I'd like to petition my fiancee using K-1 visa. I'd like to receive all of the mail myself here in the US, including fiancee packet with the date and instructions for her interview in the embassy, which is usually sent to her where she lives. I'll forward to the fiancee all needed mail myself. How can it be done?
Thank you!

Attorney Answers 3


The Fiancee visa rules and procedure are what they are and the government agencies will not be wiling to make an exception to suit the petitioner's needs. Once the USICS petition is approved, the Department of State issued K-1 visa application packet goes directly to the beneficiary (the intended fiancé/ee) in his/her native language. There is nothing you can do to change that practice.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


You hire an attorney who will then get most of the correspondence.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues. The Department of States will mail or email the beneficiary, your fiance, the appropriate documents, as according to their rules and guidelines.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX. Visit our website at

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics