Skip to main content

Juvenile charged with Obstruction of Justice. What's the worst possible penalty?

Omaha, NE |

It's would be for Saunders County and I have heard bad things about the judge.

I ran from a police officer when they showed up to a party but turned myself in. Technically I was already adult 18, when the "crime" happened but I was put on juvenile diversion but I will most likely be kicked off for other charges i just got in a different county. I'm in college and doing well, I know you can get serious jail time for this like 6 months but will the judge take the fact that I am in school into consideration?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Judge should take the school into account. Best to get a lawyer if new charges are involved. We do offer a free consultation, give us a call. 402-455-1711


You need an attorney. The problem here is that you are now facing the time you would have gotten on the obstruction charge as well as whatever else you are being charged with now. The judge will take into account all the factors, including the fact that you are in school. However, an attorney is your best bet if you want to stay out of jail.

I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal advice. It is merely my opinion based on the limited information given. In order to assure that your legal rights are being properly represented I would always recommend going in for a consultation with an attorney to explain your case in detail and answer any questions the attorney might have.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer