Just received Jury Duty summons. I'm a stay at home mom, takes my daughter to school every morning and ...

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

picks her up everyday after school, can't afford a babysitter, have no relatives close by. Is this enough of a reason to be excused from jury duty?

I'd really appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks very much for your time and answers.

1. Laurence Louis Spitters Jr

2

Answered . There should be somewhere on the form a section to complete if you have a hardship; that is, you cannot leave you children unattended to perform jury duty, and you do not have alternative day-care options.

2. Neil Pedersen

Answered . There are two ways out of jury duty. One is if you have one of the automatic disqualifiers stated on the form. The other is by making a plea to the judge to be released from duty. If you do not qualify for an automatic disqualifier, you will have to appear and seek release from a judge. Before you appear with your child, call the jury administrator and see if there is a shortcut available to you in your jurisdiction.

Good luck to you.