Just received Jury Duty summons. I'm a stay at home mom, takes my daughter to school every morning and ...

picks her up everyday after school, can't afford a babysitter, have no relatives close by. Is this enough of a reason to be excused from jury duty?

I'd really appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks very much for your time and answers.

1. There should be somewhere on the form a section to complete if you have a hardship; that is, you cannot leave you children unattended to perform jury duty, and you do not have alternative day-care options.

2. There are two ways out of jury duty. One is if you have one of the automatic disqualifiers stated on the form. The other is by making a plea to the judge to be released from duty. If you do not qualify for an automatic disqualifier, you will have to appear and seek release from a judge. Before you appear with your child, call the jury administrator and see if there is a shortcut available to you in your jurisdiction.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.