Just received a notification letter from Unemployment office (E.D.D) stated that i am not eligible to receive /claim unemploymen

Asked 8 months ago - Redlands, CA

benefits due to work misconduct at my past work (past 7 yrs), and the option to appeal if i'm not satisfy with the decision, etc.
My question, is there any way possible for me to claim those funds? (unemployment, disability funds, etc) because i really need them for our daily expense at least for few weeks until i found new job.

FYI: I'm not sure if this will help you find me some options, but I am female 39 and currently works part time at local healthcare and i am the only income provider for my family, i have 3 children 13, 8, and 7 My husband left his work 3 years ago and dedicated most of his time when we found Autistic spectrum in our youngest child.

1. Neil Pedersen

3

Answered . There is really no way to get the EDD to pay you benefits while you appeal a determination of ineligibility for unemployment benefits. You need to appeal the decision, make the best argument you can to avoid a finding of misconduct and hope you can succeed. Your income alternatives at this point are forms of public assistance, like food stamps and the like.

Good luck to you.

2. Jonathan Aaron Weinman

Pro

1

Answered . Appeal the unemployment decision, as there is no downside in doing so and the upside if you prevail is enormous because you will receive the benefits. Consider forms of public assistance if necessary in the interim. Good luck.