Just received a disorderly conduct PACC 5503 b 4 and need some advice.

Philadelphia, PA |

Hello today I was arrested and charged with 5503 b 4 at amtrak station. It all began when I attempted to board a train home, leaving in 2 mins. As I attempted to go down to the gate, the conductor told me I needed a ticket. I had boarded the train before and bought a ticket and after looking at Amtrak's website, they mentioned "On most Amtrak trains, only the full, undiscounted, unrestricted fare will be available for purchase on board the train." In order to comply, I went and bought a ticket. I however went to buy a ticket, and bought instead a ticket for the later train, without realizing it. When I went back the conductor noticed it and said that i could not board the train. I told him their wasn't much time to make the change and needed to catch the train. He said it was not possible.

I began asking why I could not, and this was when he signaled for the police and train station manger. The manager then took my ticket and showed me that the train I was attempting to board was sold out in coach but I could update the ticket for an additional 5 dollars. I did not have the difference in my electronic account and could not make this purchase. I then began to argue, but not with any foul language, and my voiced only slightly raised for one sentence. 5 officers at one point grab and start twisting my wrists, after I voluntarily begin to leave the premises.They have this entire interaction on camera, and I am confident my behavior was not reckless.

I do not see any criminal conduct. Ask for a hearing and fight the case.

When we reach outside we get to a point were the officer unhands me and tells me to walk past the property and not turn around to or he will arrest me. I thought I went past the point he mentioned, (which i later found out was not, but was also the only place i could safely wave down a taxi), and turn around to ask him a question. At this point 5 officers attempt to throw me to the grown to arrest me. They have a hard time doing so because i stood my ground, not because i was fighting back. They manage to trip and handcuff me. When in holding they tell me they are writing me up for a summary citation similar to a traffic violation. However, while in their I begin to ask many questions about why the arrest occurred, and my right to freedom of speech. In holding I never raised my voice nor insulted them in any way. At one point the officer said, "since you can't stop, I can't stop" and he raised the citation to 5503 b a. I was wondering what my position on this matter is.

i apologize i was not able to fit the whole story into the asking section.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Now I understand. By all means retain a good criminal defense attorney and fight them tooth and nail. Make sure careful check for surveillance cameras is part of the prepfor your case.

may i ask for the surveillance in the holding room/detention room?

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

You want experienced counsel to navigate this stuff FOR you.

i will most certainly, wanted an expert opinion sooner, than my lawyer will be able to give me it. its saturday :/ hah

certainly will*

I agree. Fight for your rights.

did you read the additional info and the comment in the about attorney response?

Sounds like some facts are missing here..

i filled in the missing facts I believe under addtional information and as a comment to Robert Keller. Is this the facts you mean?

what is your opinion of my stance after reading the additional facts?

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

This is a great illustration of the limitations on the format here, especially with multiple prople posting in close proximity to the others. I expressed my opinin in light of the MISSED facts as a comment under his response. To repeat: get counsel and fight it. Good luck.

you are all awesome thank you.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

And you are most welcome. Thanks for your kind words.

I fail to see what the basis for the charge is. When you receive the citation, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who can review the citation and your version of the events to help you decide if fighting the citation is worthwhile. There is a 10 day time limit to enter your plea of not guilty, so do not delay. Good luck!

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

The details are provided in the comments to Mr. Keller's response; I missed too.

they already filled out the citation. It says, "Def was observed by this officer having an argument with the Amtrak usher at stairway 7 because he was not permitted on the train without a ticket. Def created a hazardous or physically offensive behavior by his acts of yelling and arguing with the usher after he was advised to leave. There were children and elderly persons in the area to attend train day. Def was walked out by APD officers after he was told to leave and stop his yelling. He continued and subsequently placed under arrest after he resisted 3 officers. His actions are in direct violation of 5503b4."

you need a lawyer to go over the facts, get the tape and prepare a defense. If you have no prior criminal record, you may be able to get out of this.