Skip to main content

Just need some information in Mississippi

Biloxi, MS |

My children's father was arrested over the weekend for his third DUI. I am very well of the penalties for this however, this situation is a little more complicated because he was involved in a one vehicle accident that involved two small children and his girlfriend was seriously injured. He now faces two counts of child neglect among other charges. MS does not have a statute for DUI child endangerment. Can anyone tell me what he could possibly be facing on the neglect charges? I have two small children to protect!

Attorney Answers 1


Since I don't practice in your state, I cannot give you a specific idea of what he is facing. However, it would appear that if there were two small children in the car with him, you could go to Family Court and seek an Order of Protection for the children or seek to amend the visitation arrangements with him. Also, you may wish to go to the DA and ask what they can do to help you with the situation.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics