Just learned husband' moving out of state, in a day. divorce trial in wks. still on probation from DV conviction has violations.

Asked 4 months ago - Yorba Linda, CA

What will happen now that this jerk is moving out of state in terms of accountability and liabilities? divorce trial is 4wks away. Husband has 5yr CPO and assault battery DV conviction, restitution, and is in violations criminally, as well as civil and family law. I understand he's literally leaving tomorrow.
Should I file a complaint with the sheriffs today?

1. Kelvin P. Green

2

Best Answer

Answered . Why do you care if he moves out of state or not. Let him go. If he ignores the criminal court he"ll have warrants. If he ignores civil court he'll be in contempt. If he doesn't show for the trial, he is the one at the disadvantage.

Most court orders are enforceable under the full faith and credit clause.

2. Maltaise E Cini

Pro

3

1

Answered . If he is on informal probation there should be nothing that stops him from moving out of state. If he is on formal probation he would need to let his probation officer know.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

3

1

Answered . Unless there is a court order nothing can prevent him from moving out of state. If he fails to show for trial there will be consequences.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  4. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

1

Answered . Wonder if he's moving with the permission of probation? he'll have to come back for the trial or he will be in default.