Just had our joint-checking acct. levied; its my debt, not my wifes. she is the only one working so all money coming in is hers.

if i take myself off the acct., can she still get her direct-deposit? this is in ca

Vacaville, CA -

Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

Litigation Lawyer - Costa Mesa, CA

I would need more information...feel free to call our offices at 800-400-6808 Ext 5 to set up free consultation. This is a very complex issue

Joshua Branden Swigart

Joshua Branden Swigart

Bankruptcy Attorney - San Diego, CA

Counsel is correct. Without more facts, this is a complicated question to answer.

Carl H Starrett II

Carl H Starrett II

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney - El Cajon, CA

Without more facts, it is impossible to answer the question. Even though this is "your" debt, it could still be a community debt that would prevent you from getting anything back. I would call Mr. Kazerounian or a bankruptcy attorney for assistance.

Lois R Beasley-Carlisle

Lois R Beasley-Carlisle

Bankruptcy Attorney - Birmingham, AL

You might want to consider filing a chapter of bankruptcy immediately. Go discuss this with a bankruptcy attorney. If you file a chapter 13 in time, the garnished funds if not released to the creditor might be returned to you, the trustee, or your employer. You can go take your name off her account and no further funds will be garnished.