Just had our joint-checking acct. levied; its my debt, not my wifes. she is the only one working so all money coming in is hers.

Asked over 1 year ago - Vacaville, CA

if i take myself off the acct., can she still get her direct-deposit? this is in ca

1. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

4

Answered . I would need more information...feel free to call our offices at 800-400-6808 Ext 5 to set up free consultation. This is a very complex issue

2. Joshua Branden Swigart

Pro

4

Answered . Counsel is correct. Without more facts, this is a complicated question to answer.

3. Carl H Starrett II

4

Answered . Without more facts, it is impossible to answer the question. Even though this is "your" debt, it could still be a community debt that would prevent you from getting anything back. I would call Mr. Kazerounian or a bankruptcy attorney for assistance.

4. Lois R Beasley-Carlisle

Pro

4

Answered . You might want to consider filing a chapter of bankruptcy immediately. Go discuss this with a bankruptcy attorney. If you file a chapter 13 in time, the garnished funds if not released to the creditor might be returned to you, the trustee, or your employer. You can go take your name off her account and no further funds will be garnished.