Just got word my husband motion to reopen was granted removal ordered vacated.do we still have to file the 601&212 ??

husband deported in dec2012 already did is embassy apt.

Panama City, FL -

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

Congratulations!

However, without knowledge of the specific facts of your husband's case it is impossible to know what needs to be done. For example, we have no idea what your immigration status is, what the prospective relief from removal may be, and why an I-601 or I-212 may be required (there are many possibilities, especially if your husband has a criminal history or was previously deported).

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of the case, advise you as to the issues involved, and recommend an appropriate course of action. The government is represented by counsel in removal proceedings, your husband should be as well.

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

Congrats!! That's great news. If there is no removal order then there is no need for the I212. However, you will need to work very hard to bring him back. The issue is a new ICE "return policy" for those who are removed and then the removal order is overturned. You absolutely need a lawyer to assist you. There is a case in the U.S. Supreme Court, Meza v. Holder, that currently has this issue. Please read the amicus brief for more information and to begin to understand the complexity.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

You should arrange for him to be returned to the U.S. to continue with his proceedings, see a lawyer.