Just got word my husband motion to reopen was granted removal ordered vacated.do we still have to file the 601&212 ??

Panama City, FL |

husband deported in dec2012 already did is embassy apt.

Congratulations!

However, without knowledge of the specific facts of your husband's case it is impossible to know what needs to be done. For example, we have no idea what your immigration status is, what the prospective relief from removal may be, and why an I-601 or I-212 may be required (there are many possibilities, especially if your husband has a criminal history or was previously deported).

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of the case, advise you as to the issues involved, and recommend an appropriate course of action. The government is represented by counsel in removal proceedings, your husband should be as well.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

He was stoped at border 2004 illegal entry. No show for a court date.that sparked a deportation order . Propper notice was not given. He has no chages or criminal history other then illegal stay so the embassy apt my husband was told to file 601 & 212. My question is do we just need to arrange for him to come to usa he also has court date for dec 2013.here in usa. And just ajust status or is 601 still needetd.we have been married since 2006 have 5yr old .i am a citizen.

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

This forum is not the place to get case specific advice and it is obvious that this is a case with a long history that needs to be reviewed. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the case history, advise you of the options available, and recommend an appropriate course of action.

Ok thank you so much for your time. I have already gone through two lawyers! Do not have the $ for anymore legal help:0( ... I will get him home been doing (alot) of research have a congressmen helping and a direct contact with embassy and an approved to

Expedite of his case

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

My pleasure.

Congrats!! That's great news. If there is no removal order then there is no need for the I212. However, you will need to work very hard to bring him back. The issue is a new ICE "return policy" for those who are removed and then the removal order is overturned. You absolutely need a lawyer to assist you. There is a case in the U.S. Supreme Court, Meza v. Holder, that currently has this issue. Please read the amicus brief for more information and to begin to understand the complexity.

I put more about our case above and looked up the amicus i do not have the funds for anymore legal help

You should arrange for him to be returned to the U.S. to continue with his proceedings, see a lawyer.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

thank you sending request NOW along with proper paper work!!! thank you kindly for the response and help I posted above more of our case.I sadly have run outta of expenses for an attorney but feel highly confident I can do this. due to lack of judgement I wasted ALOT of time and money on poor judgement in hiring to previous attorneys wish I would have found this website a year ago. will be sure to pass it on pay it forward!!!!! when your world has fallen to pieces you certainly do not think clearly. thanks again to all the attorneys here that were so gracious to give me a moment of their time. god bless

Recommended articles about Immigration