Just got married last month.my wife just got divorced January this year with an African.how can I go processing my green card?

Asked over 2 years ago - South Bend, IN

their marriage didn't worked out at the first place and they separate that's when she start going out with me.. she got pregnant with my son who was born last year February.. but he strat processing his green card and got for 2 years but couldn't able to renew it cause of divorce..

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I tried to understand your facts but sorry could not understand them the way you stated them. Does your wife have green card or conditional green card?

    Good luck

    Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
    Hassan Elkhalil
    (770) 612-3499

    Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not creat attroney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

  2. Rudolph Baboun

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I could not follow your facts. Can you ask your question in another way?

  3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please rephrase your question.

  4. Elizabeth Clare Surin


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Your wife could apply for you I130 & 485 -- your baby is good evidence of a bona fide marriage. However, her prior marriage would come up and there will be questions. Advisable to get a lawyer to assist.

    An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,941 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,941 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering