Just got done with the immigration interview and was approved but i Need to travel.. what do I do??

Ontario, CA |

I went today for my immigration interview today and I was approved on the spot, the officer said I should expect my Green Card in about 3 months, thats too long, i need to travel next month.... is there anyway that i can get a temporary permit of some sort?.. or is my GC likely to arrive early like many cases that in 2 weeks they got theirs??..

Had you been represented by an experienced immigration lawyer, you would have been advised to apply for a travel document (parole) along with your I-485 filing. The next best thing now is to file for an InfoPass appointment and bring with you evidence of the need to travel, asking for an I-551 stamp in your passport.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

unfortunately all the "experienced lawyers" in my area that i saw adviced against applying for travel documents since according to them i would receive my GC sooner

Aggie Rachel Hoffman

Aggie Rachel Hoffman

You should be receiving is shortly. Hopefully, you have not moved and your address is the same.

Do you have an advance parole?

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

unfortunately No, i was adviced by all the lawyers I saw to not apply for that since according to them I would receive my GC sooner than those and it was a waste of time...

Did you tell that to the immigration officer that interviewed you? You need to file for advanced parole. If it wasn't done during interview you will need to make the appointment and go back and apply for it.

Maria J. Marty Attorney at Law | mjmarty@mcaulifflaw.com | Office: 206.494.9999 McAuliff Law Firm | 14205 SE 36th St., Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98006 www.mcauliffimmigration.com Skype ID: mjmarty-mcauliff This is general information and not legal advice. For a more complete assessment of your situation, please contact our office. Our practice is limited to U.S. Immigration Law. Our attorneys have over 20 years of experience representing international companies, investors, professionals and families with US immigration matters.

Aggie Rachel Hoffman

Aggie Rachel Hoffman

Advance parole takes 90 days. InfoPass, should have an earlier appointment available.

Maria J. Marty

Maria J. Marty

thanks for clarifying that!

i got notice 3 days ago that my card was in production and i need to travel in a month... could the green card arrive in less than a month or should i do infopass to get a stamp?

Marriage and prenups topics