Just got a summons personal service on natural person

Tampa, FL |
Filed under: Litigation

what does it mean? it has no court date . can they kick me out of my anytime ? i'm behind on my payments and i'm in foreclosure.

I know that the papers are from my bank and that i'm being sued.the paper said i have 30 days to write a response if i want the court to hear my case. i just want to know if i write this or not can they kick me out anytime. i'm called a lawyer waiting for her to call me back.also what do i write?

You should contact an attorney for a short consultation to explain the documents to you. You are not guaranteed a hearing date when you are sued. Your failure to respond to the lawsuit could result in default and judgment against you without ever setting foot in court. Do not assume the lawsuit is regarding your foreclosure. It could be another creditor suing you. Have you considered bankruptcy? It may be an option depending on your situation.

No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.

2. It sounds like you have been sued. A lawsuit is commenced by a party filing and serving a summons and complaint. A summons and complaint will not necesarily contain a court date. I suggest that you show the document to a lawyer. You might be able to show it to a lawyer without retaining him or her. If you need to retain a lawyer but can't afford to finance a full blown litigation, perhaps you can engage a lawyer for specific tasks. Again, to start, have a lawyer explain the document to you. You may have limited time to respond to the summons and complaint before the opposing side takes steps to obtain a default judgment against you.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. AS far as staying in your house, even if you did nothing, you would still have months. However, I do not recommend this course. You need to get a response out within the timeframe provided. If you do not do so, then you can waive all sorts of rights. There are many attorneys who will provide free consultations in this area of law. I would recommend that you speak to one immediately.
    Respectfully;
    Gavin Tudor Elliot, Esq.
    407 412 9223
    freshstartfromdebt.com

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the The Elliot Legal Group, pursuant to an executed employment agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Gavin Tudor Elliot 407 412 9223

Litigation topics