Just divorced after 10 years of marriage . Can I sue my ex-husband for severe emotional distress, abuse, battery and assault.

Asked about 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

intentional negligence and harm during entire marriage. If so which attorney to contact.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Difficutl to do, but check with a local LA lawyer, if you are looking for monetary damages that should have been included in your divorce/ sep agreement. you can always sue on tort for damages, with a civil attonrey, take care

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,201 answers this week

3,001 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,201 answers this week

3,001 attorneys answering