Jury Duty Fulton County Georgia

Asked over 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I am a stay at home parent of a 4 year old. I didn't receive my jury summons until a week before due in court(I live in an apartment and was not receiving my mail-someone had attempted to pry the mailbox open over a weekend and I had to wait for the mail carrier to receive my mail).Then I was out of state for a funeral for a family member. Anyway, I faxed my notarized affidavit for childcare deferment on Friday but am due in court Monday. I found out after faxing my paperwork and searching online that they were to have the affidavit either 7 days or 10 days beforehand depending on where you look. It says nothing of this on my summons or on the recording for jurors. Should I show up on Monday? What happens if I don't?It's just difficult because of my childcare situation.

So sorry it DOES say on the summons about 10 days.

1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

Answered . Call the number on your summons to determine if you have to show up. If you aren't released, you must show up. The courts have been cracking down on people who ignore jury summonses. If you choose not to appear without a release, you do so at your own risk.