Jury duty, termination, and paycheck

Asked about 4 years ago - Spokane, WA

I had jury duty on a mon and was fired that fri. Employer wanted check from the courts in return for my regular wages. Since I was fired before I got the check from the court, former employer wants me to go in and pay them the $10 so I can get paid for the monday I served jury duty. Can't they just subtract $10 from my paycheck so I don't have to go in to my former place of employment?

1. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

Answered . You should check with an employment attorney in your case. It may be illegal in your state to fire someone who was on jury duty.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.