Jurisdiction, Contempt, Child visitation

Bristol, RI |

I was divorced in CT in 2012. I moved myself and our 3 children to RI a week later. I have contempt items that need to be addressed and visitation concerns. The father has been reported to children's services 3 years in a row and it currently in another investigation. I am seeking to put closure on these issues.

1. Per the UCCJEA it is critical that we know where the father lives now to assist you.

The advice given herein is based solely upon the limited facts alleged in the question and should not be considered exhaustive. For legal guidance on this matter please set up a consultation with my office and we can discuss the situation fully. You will receive a free consultation. The offering of this limited legal advice alone should not be meant as a basis for an attorney / client relationship to have formed.

2. As you and the children are now citizens of Rhode Island the family courts here should have jurisdiction over you and the children. You should consider having a consultation with an attorney who practices in the family law

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. My answer to you did not create an attorney-client relationship. James J Bagley

3. This sounds like a complex matter that is best addressed in confidence with a local family court practitioner. Make an appointment and meet with one in private to keep your personal details and the advice you receive out of the public(and your former spouses') eye.

This observation is provided without warranty nor guarantee and for entertainment and informational purposes only. This answer is not legal advice. Not to be used as infant formula. No attorney client relationship is established as a result of these communications. The best legal advice you can get is to consult with an attorney licensed in your state or territory.

Child custody topics