Judicial Foreclosure in Michigan

Port Huron, MI |
Filed under: Foreclosure

Is it true that in Michigan, in order for a judicial foreclosure to be possible, no power of sale clause may be present in the loan documents?

I agree with Joseph, but add there does have to be an acceleration clause by which mortgagee can declare the whole principal balance due upon default. Most printed mortgage forms contain one, usually default remaining for 45 days, or x days after a written notice demanding default be cured. If you would like to contact me directly for a consultation, I am located in Port Huron (810) 985-8171. Since 1975.

The above answer is generalized reply to an question and is not intended to be legal advice or establish an attorney-client relationship with you. If necessary you should meet with an attorney and provide the attorney with all relevant documents and get an attorney opinion or advice on your situation.

2. A judicial foreclosure is always possible. The power of sale clause makes foreclosure by advertisement possible.

EVERY case is different. The answers provided here are general and not related to the specifc facts of your case. I am not your attorney and if necessary you should seek legal counsel. This answer is NOT to be considered legal advice and there is NO attorney client relationship implied from this answer.