Judgement was vacated in landlord tenat in 06,with a stip. Paid stip Moved in 09,.Judgement never restored. On my credit rept

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

How can I have it removed from my credit report?

1. Bruno Patrick Bianchi

1

Answered . If the stipulation specifies that the judgment was paid and vacated you should forward a copy (preferably certified) of that stipulation directly to the credit reporting agency. If the stipulation does not specify that the judgment has been paid, you should contact the attorney for the landlord and request a document called a "Satisfaction of Judgment." If the landlord's attorney fails to provide you with a copy of the Satisfaction of Judgment you may have to bring an order to show cause in Housing Court to restore the case to the calendar to obtain one.

2. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

1

Answered . Get a certified copy of the vacate order and proof of the paid stipulation and forward same to the credit agency. You can also ask the attorney that represented you, or the landlords' attorney for a satisfaction of the judgment and have it recorded.

3. Jennifer Addonizio Rozen

Pro

Answered . Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act negative information that is more than 7 years old cannot be reported on your credit report--it becomes obsolete. You can write to the credit bureaus demanding corrected reports on that basis alone if the 7 years has passed. If the judgment was actually vacated, you want to send a certified copy to the 3 credit bureaus demanding that it be removed as it is inaccurate information (there's no longer a judgment). If they refuse to remove the item, you may have a good FCRA lawsuit on your hands. As an additional note, getting judgments vacated is much better than getting them "satisfied." A satisfaction of judgment can still be reported on your credit report for 7 years (a vacated judgment cannot).

Send your dispute letters to the following 3 bureaus:
    Equifax: P.O. Box 740256 / Atlanta, GA 30374
    Experian: 701 Experian Parkway / Allen, TX 75013
    TransUnion: P.O. Box 2000 / Chester, PA 19022

Good luck!