Skip to main content

Judgement in a Family Court Case

Spartanburg, SC |

In a Judgement in a Family Court Case does SCRCP Form 4F have to be signed by the Family Court Judge for the Temporary Order to be in effect.

Attorney Answers 2



Coversheets are usually required by the Clerk's office for filing purposes. I don't think a 4F is used for a temporary order -normally that would be the motion and order information form coversheet.

But regardless, a coversheet is not required for an order to be in effect. The part signed by the judge is all that is required.

Mark as helpful


If you have an order signed by a judge and file-stamped by the clerk of court in your matter, then it is more than likely a valid enforceable order, which each party would need to abide by.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics