Judge Recusal for Good Cause?

Fairfield, OH |

I am concerned; my case will not be treated fairly. The judge sits on a number of committees with defendants counsel. Recently, defendant counsel requested a status conference which is being held on the 4th of the new year, however it is sealed and the instructions can only be viewed by and attorney logging on to the courts site to view the instructions. I am Pro Se Plaintiff, should I be able to view the instructions of the Status Conference? Is this a cause to have the Judge recusal for good cause? Although, through research, on prior cases, this same Judge have been recusal by the counsel representing the defendants in the past.

You should strongly consider hiring a lawyer. Pro se litigants cause problems through inexperience and/or understandable ignorance of the law and can ruin their cases with ease.

No attorney-client relationship is established via The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

Generally, the type of associations to which you refer would not be considered to give rise to a conflict of interest or appearance of impropriety requiring disqualification.

Since you are not on the court's electronic filing system, the clerk should be able to provide you with a copy of any documents that have been filed.

Status conferences don't usually have "instructions."However, you should be able to have the clerk's office make copies if there is anything you haven't received.

Its also important to remember that judges and attorneys often take part in the same organizations. They are prohibited from discussing cases together without a representative from each party though.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights