JUDGE ORDERED LAW FIRM THEY CAN.....

Cincinnati, OH |

The judge ordered that the law firm for good cause can withdraw, also saying that the defendant because they are a company, they must have counsel in 30 days. Now if they do not have counsel in thirty days what happens?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it sounds like the company's former law firm withdrew from the case, and the judge granted the company 30 days to find new counsel. If that's correct, and the company does not retain new counsel within 30 days, the company can either:

(1) request an extension, or continuance, to find counsel; or

(2) the court will proceed with the hearing, and the company representatives who appear who are not duly licensed attorneys will not be permitted to speak or advocate for the company at the hearing, because that would constitute the unauthorized practice of law.

If they just do not respond does that vacate my case or allow it to be with drawn from the docket?

David Keith Greer

David Keith Greer

You need a consultation with a lawyer, you really do, but assuming the company doesn't respond because it doesn't retain counsel, it will lose by default.