Skip to main content

Judge not allowing reset of motion. I'm out of state. Need 30-60 day extension to appear...What to do?

Miami, FL |

need time to recover from medical proceedure(by pass)Need time to retain atty for my small business.

Attorney Answers 2


Pick up the phone. Talk to a few lawyers. Hire one. Problem solved.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If you did, please click "helpful" and/or "best answer," because doing so helps my Avvo rating. Please also understand that answering this question doesn't make me your lawyer, and my answer is not even an "initial consultation" with me. In answering your question(s), I am merely giving you VERY GENERAL ADVICE based upon your VERY GENERAL QUESTION. If I indicated that you need to see a lawyer personally, then PLEASE DO SO. Good luck to you!

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


It depends on the type of motion, the court, and type of action. Depending on the circumstances, you will likely have better chance of obtaining an extension of time if you retain an attorney and the attorney moves the court for an extension of time. Otherwise, the attorney might be able to oppose the motion for you.

Generally, if your business is a legal entity (e.g., corporation or company) you will need an attorney to represent your legal entity or a default will be entered against it.

I recommend you consult with and retain an attorney ASAP.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences.

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics