Judge not allowing reset of motion. I'm out of state. Need 30-60 day extension to appear...What to do?

Asked 10 months ago - Miami, FL

need time to recover from medical proceedure(by pass)Need time to retain atty for my small business.

1. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

1

Answered . Pick up the phone. Talk to a few lawyers. Hire one. Problem solved.

2. Peter Andrew Koziol

Answered . It depends on the type of motion, the court, and type of action. Depending on the circumstances, you will likely have better chance of obtaining an extension of time if you retain an attorney and the attorney moves the court for an extension of time. Otherwise, the attorney might be able to oppose the motion for you.

Generally, if your business is a legal entity (e.g., corporation or company) you will need an attorney to represent your legal entity or a default will be entered against it.

I recommend you consult with and retain an attorney ASAP.