Skip to main content

Judge in Ky. signed a Wage Assignment and it was mailed to husband's Florida Company. How long do they have in Florida to begin

Owensboro, KY |
Filed under: Wage garnishment

garnishing his wages in that State?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It doesn't work that way. The judgment in KY has to be registered in FL, and a FL wage garnishment order has to then be sent out - the FL employer has no legal requirement to abide by a KY judge's decision, and a KY wage garnishment has no effect in another state. You are attempting to collect in FL, and a FL order is required.

    We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics