Judge granted voluntary departure

Memphis, TN |

we appealed within 30 days. If I don't leave within voluntary departure period, what happens? do i still need to leave even though we appealed?

Since you appealed, you are permitted to remain in the U.S. while your appeal is pending.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

No, since you appealed the case you wont have to leave until the appealed is decided.

I agree with my colleagues. You can wait in the U.S. while you are appealing.

This answer is only for general information purposes. It does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The answer I gave is based only on the facts that you have presented in your question and might change if the facts are different.

Recommended articles about Immigration