Joint sponsorship?

High Point, NC |

I sponsored my wife and I had income of 21000+ for 2012 which meets the minimum requirements. My income for 2011 was only 10,000 and I did not have income for 2010'. I am still asked to provide a joint sponsor as they said my income is not sufficient. I do not understand why they need co sponsor when my income is more than 125% of poverty line. Please any advice?

1. If what you say is true and your family consists of you and your wife then they are wrong. Hire a lawyer to fight them over this.

2. It looks like the government is mistaken. You or your attorney need to supply your joint income tax return and explain that your joint income exceed 125% of the poverty level.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. From the information you have provided you meet the requirements.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
    2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713