Joined tax return for i781

Asked almost 2 years ago - Long Island City, NY

me and my husband got married in July 2011. I got my green card in march 2012. Everything was great, i went to see my family for a month. And at the end of the year he told me he cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend when i was away and she's having his baby. I was devastated but forgave him. But now we don't know what to do. We're going to file joined tax return. Do we have to claim the baby on our tax return, will it cause problems in the future when we have to file for I-751. Will they get suspicious of my husband having a kid outside the marriage( we dont have kids yet). What is the right thing to do?
 t

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . A child born outside of the marriage DURING the marriage is always grounds for CIS to be suspicious. Meet with an immigration attorney who can review your case and documentary evidence and then properly advise you.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I, too, agree.