Job application asks whether I've been convicted of felony or misdemeanor. I had a dui, but it was reduced to neg. 1st degree.

Asked over 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

The title lays out the situation, but I'm curious if I need to disclose my negligent 1st degree. My gut tells me no, as I'm under the impression negligent driving is a traffic offense, but I'm not sure, and would like to be truthful.

1. Lennard Anthony Nahajski

5

Answered . Negligent driving in the first degree is a simple misdemeanor, not a traffic infraction. Unfortauntely, the answer to the question is yes.

2. Linda Medeiros Callahan

Pro

5

Answered . Negligent Driving First Degree is a misdemeanor. It is a criminal traffic offense. It is much less serious than a DUI, however, I'm afraid you have to respond that you were convicted of a misdemeanor.

3. Elizabeth Rankin Powell

4

Answered . Mostly what they want to see is whether you can respond truthfully or not. You can always doublecheck your criminal history with the State Patrol. They are in charge of maintaining these records. They have a webpage called WATCH, and you can make the initial inquiry on line.

Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.