Jeep Grand Cherokee Recall: No Parts for repair. What to do?

Asked 2 months ago - Lake Forest, IL

I am an owner of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which was recently recalled by the manufacturer due to a manufacture (brake) problem. I have been in touch with the dealership as the recall notice instructed, but they say that Jeep has not sent them the parts needed for the repair. There have been reports of accidents resulting from this brake problem and I feel unsafe driving my car until the problem is fixed. Yet, I need my vehicle to work. Reports from other owners suggest that this might take a very long time before it is addressed. What could/should I do? Is there any legal recourse that can get Jeep to either expedite the repair process or provide other (rental?) options until the vehicle is fixed? Thank you.

1. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

4

1

Answered . Talk to upper management of Jeep. That may help.

2. Timothy E Fizer

Pro

5

1

Answered . If there is another Jeep dealership in the general area, you can contact them as well. It may be that the one you are dealing with to date is encountering an internal problem getting the part(s). If that does not solve the problem, I agree that you should contact Jeep directly to find out what the hold-up is.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

5

1

Answered . Talk to a consumer attorney and consider filing a lawsuit for the time you need to rent a car. Warn GM and then take the appropriate action,