Jay Treaty Permanent Resident Card -

Asked over 4 years ago - Duluth, GA

Can a Canadian American Native apply for U.S. Permanent Resident Card at the Port of Entry even if he/she overstayed in the U.S. (about two years without a visa)?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . We need more facts to give you a clear answer. But technically, if you overstayed, for more than 365 days, you will be barred for 10 years unless you get a waiver of admissibility. Also you need to have a reason to be able to get the greencard such as a marriage petition, employment based petition, etc. The next step, if you are eligible to apply for a greencard, is to know if you can qualify for a waiver. Talk to a good immigration lawyer who can assist you.

    Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief
    37600 Central Ct, Ste 201, Newark CA 94560
    Phone: 510.742.5887
    Email: info@peerallylaw.com

    Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act based solely on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,949 answers this week

2,813 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,949 answers this week

2,813 attorneys answering