Jacksonville, FL |

Could I go to jail from traffic. Have u known people to go to jail from traffic court. Or they just force them to pay fine. I drove while license suspended twice. And they r good reason had to drive granddad to get medicine and other was taking mom to work. I have court for driving a car home after I bought it. Tag not matchin car n no registration. Will the judge or prosecutor want me to do jail time or pay fine. From uour experience.

Driving while license suspended with knowledge is a second degree misdemeanor the first time and a first degree misdemeanor on the second or subsequent charge. They are both punishable by jail, depends on the judge and your priors and any aggravating factors.

Try and get a local attorney to assist you.

The information presented is for information purposes only based on the information provided. An attorney client relationship is not formed.

this is a tough question. it depends on what county, what judge and what prosecutor you have on any given day. Hire a good competent local lawyer in your county to help navigate the system.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

The prosecutor will not care why you drove. If you do not have a valid license do not drive. Both are punishable by jail. The more cases the more likely jail will be considered by the prosecution.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

I agree with my colleagues.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook-, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at