Skip to main content

J2 - F1

Atlanta, GA |

Hello! My J1 will be ending in March 2013 and I waived the 2 year requirement already. My wife (J2) wants to go to university here and we want to change her status from J2-F1 and my status will change from J1- F2. We have enough financial support as well. Is it a better idea to go back to our country (Turkey) and apply the visa there or is it the same thing if we apply while we are in the US. And I will appreciate if you have any idea how long would it take? Are we able to stay in the US while the visa is in process? and is there a risk of having deny for the status chance? And do I need a lawyer? Sorry for asking lots of questions. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I would suggest you speak to an immigration attorney in more detail about the matter. I would need to know how you waived the 2 year home residency requirement already.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics