J-1 not subject to 212(e) ,get marry ti US citizen , do i have to go back to my country if i send the i-485 ?

i just get married in spartanburg, i m now in the US , i want file i-130, and i - 485 ,do i have to go back to my country after sending the backage or stay in the us ? another thing is , i have to send the papaer or go to the immigeration office to get help ?

Spartanburg, SC -

Attorney Answers (3)

Nicklaus James Misiti

Nicklaus James Misiti

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

You do not need to return to your country. Speak with an immigration attorney regarding whether you are subject to 212e. My firm handles marriage based immigration cases.
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

do i have to go back to my country if i send the i-485 ? No

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

You need file a waiver to the 2 year foreign residency requirement. I do not recommend you to do that alone. Seek and hire an experienced immigration lawyer to guide you through the process.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.