J-1 hardship waiver due to political turmoil?

Asked 9 months ago - Folsom, CA

I'm a student on J-1 visa with 2 yrs home residency constraints, I'm from Egypt, and I've a US child. Could I file a waiver based on hardship for my child (due to recent violence in Egypt). That is there a violence actions and this may affect my child. US warns its citizens to leave Egypt.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . You've already asked this question before. Not enough grounds with which to get a waiver of your 2 years foreign residency requirement. You'll need much more than the argument you are raising. Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer to understand the process and what you'll need to qualify.

2. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . You can show that the child cannot move to Egypt, but that will not be sufficient to prove the child will suffer a hardship remaining in the U.S.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Unfortunately, I agree with my colleagues on two counts:

1. This is not a strong sounding case.

2. You need to meet with an attorney for a paid consultation.