J-1 hardship waiver

Asked almost 3 years ago - Washington, DC

I would like to apply for j-1 waiver based on hardship. I have extremely overstayed my visa, 6 years to be precise. i am married to US citizen for 6 years, and have 2 children. The reason for hardship is because my son was diagnosed with autism, and i feel he will suffer psychologically if i am separated from him and if he comes with me , he would not be able to get proper care in my country. is this a good reason for this waiver?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

Please see

2. Armen Michael Tashjian

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . If you got married to a USC 6 yrs ago, why in the world you didn't apply when you were in status? Now, you have to make a decision to either live 'under ground' or apply and roll the 'removal' dice.