Iwas fired due topositive drug test for meth but it was actually adderol which is used adhd and shows up positive for meth

Asked over 1 year ago - Corona, CA

I told employer I would test positive and told them why and they said who cares your taking the test anyways. I was denied unemployment in California due to test but I do know that company secerets that they pay employees for overtime on Saturdays under the table cash so they don't have to pay higher workmans comp should I use that as a bargaining tool for them to tell eed to pay my claim

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . Take a look at California Penal Code sections 518-527; then ask a good criminal defense attorney in a confidential consultation whether you should do what you are thinking about. Do not have this discussion here on a public web-site where your intentions and meanings may be misconstrued.

2. Neil Pedersen

2

Answered . I will say it outright - you cannot threaten reporting of criminal conduct to gain a civil advantage. That is called civil extortion, and committing it is a tort and a crime that will cause you to face civil and perhaps criminal exposure. Do not do it.

3. Craig Trent Byrnes

Pro

1

Answered . Ms. McCall and Mr. Pedersen already said it, so I don't have to.

What you can do is appeal the decision to the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board if you're still within the deadline to do it.

Additionally, you may consider filing a complaint with the Dpt. of Fair Employment and Housing. From the facts you described, you may have a complaint of disability discrimination.

Good luck with your legal issues.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,
    Craig T. Byrnes
    www.ctblawfirm.com