Iwas diagnose with left vocal paralysis 4 months after a thyroid surgery, I need to find a lawyer in southern california .

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I don't what type of lawyer will I need for this case

1. Paul Y. Lee

6

Answered . You need a medical malpractice attorney who represents claimants. Good luck.

2. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

6

Answered . Vocal cord paralysis is a known risk of thyroid surgery. It may be difficult to find an expert. If you wish to pursue a lawsuit you need to consult and retain a medical malpractice attorney and file suit on your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations period. To be on the safe side, you should do that with one year of the procedure. If that time has passed, you definitely need to do it within one year of diagnosis.

3. Michael Charles Doland

5

Answered . You can use the Find a Lawyer function at the bottom of this page and enter plaintiff's medical malpractice attorney.

Pro

6

Answered . Malpractice lawyer.

5. Steven Jay Weinberg

Pro

4

Answered . You should consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. It is best to collect your medical records and provide them to the attorney for his review and perhaps the review of an expert. Good luck

6. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

3

Answered . A successful medical malpractice suit requites a doctor to act in a way below the standard of care and damages to result. Surgeries have known risk factors and while the person who experiences likely will not be comforted by knowing he or she suffered a complication that is statistically within the acceptable range for standard of care, such s standard protects doctors from being sued for being anything less than perfect. Damaging a vocal cord during throat surgery could be considered a known and acceptable risk factor.

Ignoring all of my above post (as it's just my general opinion), anyone who even thinks he or she has a medical malpractice case should immediately consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Most of us offer free consultations, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

7. Armen Michael Tashjian

Pro

2

Answered . Get me your medical records and I'll evaluate your case.

8. Ronald C. Burke

1

Answered . Have you questioned your doctor on whether there was an injury to your left recurrent laryngeal nerve? Have you read the operative report? Retain an attorney now. This is a risk of the procedure; however, that doesn't mean the surgeon gets a free pass on identifying and protecting the nerve while dissecting away tissue to remove a part or all of the thyroid.