Ive got a letter of termination of conditional permanet resident status,and later on i checked the status on line im approved

Miami Beach, FL |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

that we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED,after ivegot stamp in my passport for a year.what does it mean????thank you very much for your time

Difficult to say. Make an InfoPass appointment and see if USCIS will stamp the approval in your passport.

For additional information, please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Case status online is not always accurate. Wait for your approval notice or the ten year permanent resident card to arrive. If you need to travel abroad before you receive either of the above, make an InfoPass appointment as Mr. Shusterman suggested.

C. C. Abbott

C. C. Abbott

I agree with Attorney Eichorn' excellent comment and suggestion. Many of my clients have found that the online status can have incorrect information. The disclaimer on the web site states that it should not be accepted as the final determiantion on a application or petition.

It might mean the condition on your green card is removed, which means you are a permanent resident of United States of America. Read carefully again to verify. If something happened during your application of removal of condition, such as you and your spouse have an issue, you may want to check with an immigration lawyer. We are located in South Florida. You are more than welcome to contact us following the link above.