Ive found a property I wish to purchase but the owners tells me the bank will posses the house this weekend.

Westport, CT |

Ive found a property I wish to purchase but the owners tells me the bank will possess the house this weekend. Is it better to wait and deal with the bank or try to establish a purchase agreement with the seller.

HI, I hope this response is timely. Absolutely do not make a deal with a Seller who is about to lose the house in foreclosure within days. Any such deal should be negotiated (if it is possible to negotiate at all) with the assistance of an attorney who is experienced in real estate and also the foreclosure process and bankruptcy. This is not for the faint of heart.
I have handled a number of these over the years and would be glad to discuss it with you further if you are so inclined.
Good luck

Providing answers to questions on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is not possible to provide legal advice in the context of question and answers on the internet. The "answers" posted are solely for the purpose of providing general information about legal matters. Consult an attorney licensed to practice in your state or jurisdiction before taking any action. Be advised that what you post on AVVO is not confidential and in a civil law suit may be discoverable.

Thanks Kevin, I just sent you an e-mail and called your office. We are planning to move on this today so if you're available would like a call back. As this is time sensitive.

Kevin Burns

Kevin Burns

Don't see any message or email. Try again if you wish