Ive been found positive for an alcohol event on a tad ankle monitor. i have not consumed any alcohol. what is my defense?

Asked over 1 year ago - Georgetown, DE

how can i prove my innocence?

1. Michael W Modica

Pro

1

Answered . you would have to examine the calibration records for the testing device, and whether proper protocol was followed. My understanding from at least one case in Sussex county is that the devices are not properly calibrated, and therefore the test results may not be reliable.

2. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

2

Answered . Your defense is that you didn't consume alcohol. Proving that the monitor malfunctioned will require you to hire a lawyer and an expert witness to testify about the monitor. It will be a difficult and expensive proposition. Wish I had better news. Go see a lawyer right away.

3. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need an experienced criminal defense attorney ASAP to defend any motion to revoke your bond or revoke you sentence.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s...

4. Mani Khavajian

Pro

1

Answered . Contact a good local criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
  5. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

1

Answered . Proving that there was a false positive (likely not properly calibrated) is going to take time and money. And a defense lawyer and an expert familiar with the science behind ankle monitors.