Skip to main content

Ive been barred in ia can i get my licenense back

Grinnell, IA |

lost license for dui and non payment of fines

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is not enough information about your situation for me to give you a detailedd response, but I do recommend that you contact the department of motor vehicles in the state where your license is suspended to find out if you are eligible to have your license reinstated or possibly a work-purpose only license if you pay the fines/reinstatement fees/complete dui school, etc. If you have multiple DUI convictions, you may have a very lengthly or even permanent suspension on your license. The best way to find out is to visit the department of motor vehicles to see what the department's records reflect.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer