Skip to main content

Its my 16 year old able to make a decision of who he wants to live with I am the custodial parent

Chicago, IL |

Its my 16 old able to make a decision of whom he wants to live with ,I am the custodial parent

Attorney Answers 1


The judge may allow your 16 year old to state a preference on a custody modification hearing. The judge, however, has the final decision based on the "best interests of the child" standard.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics