Its is legal to have a synagogue in a Miami Beach Florida condominium building

Miami Beach, FL |

I live in a condominium building that has a synagogue set up in the recreation room.

The answer to the question depends on the wording of the declaration of condominium and the zoning of the area where the condominium building is located. You will not be able to get a definitive answer from an online forum. If you think that your condominium association is acting improperly, you should consult an experienced real estate lawyer in your area.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

A lot depends on the local ordinances and what they will allow, the number of people who attend on a regular basis (are they just residents of the condo?), and, as mentioned, what the condo docs allow. If you are concerned about constitutional issues, they would only be a factor if the condo was a public, government-owned building.

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.

Recommended articles about Real estate