Its been 22 days since my movers left with my things and I can't contact them, I have filed with BBB and FMCSA what should I do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Norristown, PA

I have been given the run-around with this moving company (they are legit) but I leave messages and no one returns my calls. The dispatch couldnt even locate my belongings and I only recieved a call (from the owner) after filing a complaint and he was supposed to call me the following day. It has been four days since I have had any contact and Im getting frustrated. We have had to pay out of pocket expenses for warm clothes and bedding and such. I must add that I was told by the driver himself that my things would be delivered the following week but that was a lie. After calling dispatch, they told me it would be 7-10 business days... today is day 22. I wish to know what action I should take because we moved from Texas to Pennsylvania and we really need our things.

1. Michael W. Aitken

1

Answered . Did you have a fomal contract with the moving company? If not, you should send the company a certified letter explaining that you will pursue legal action, if the items are not delivered within thirty days.

If you do not receive a response within the thirty day deadline, you can file a complaint with the local court (called the "Magisterial District Judge") which has jurisdiction on claims up to $12,000.00.

Finally, you have the option of hiring an attorney to assist you in this regard. However, it all depends on the amount at issue on whether it makes sense for counsel to be retained.

2. Andrew Joseph Edelberg

1

Answered . File a lawsuit against the company where they are incorporated or in your home area. Contact the attorney generals office consumer fraud division and the d.a. officecin your county and file a private criminal complaint. You can also contact the united states attorneys office. Conduct your own investigation on the internet. Then write them a lettdr with all of the contacts you made. If tjst doesn't make them want to make you happy then they have committed possibly serious frauds against you and others.